HOW TO APPROACH A FAST
3 Questions To Help You Figure Out Your Fast:
1) How are you wanting to grow spiritually this year?
2) What obstacle(s) are you facing right now?
3) What would people around you say that you are dependent on that is outside of God?
3 Questions To Clarify Your Fast:
1) What are the top 2-3 things you are wanting God to do in you during this fast? (Pick 1 to Focus on)
2) What are the top 2-3 thing you are asking God to heal, change, or deliver? (Pick 1 to focus on)
3) What are you committing to fast?
(Daniel fast [suggested] / movies / television / secular music / etc.)
If you could sum your fast up into one word, what would it be?
WHAT IS 7 DAYS OF PRAYER AND FASTING?
From the beginning of City Church, we have made it a priority to seek God first in prayer. This year we'll be praying and fasting together for 7 days from January 10th through the 16th. We want to reposition ourselves to hear God in a new and intimate way for the coming season. Together, we plan to seek God first, trusting in Him to create a lasting impact in our lives, our church, and our world.
Join us any day during the fast to pray together. Prayer will take place in the Auditorium Monday-Friday from 7-8pm.
9am • 10:30am • 12:30pm (ESP)
"There really is no better way to reset our spiritual compass and bring about refreshment in every area of our lives than through prayer and fasting."